As this is my personal blog, I’m trying my best to be as personal as possible, so I thought it would be nice to share my work day here. I work for myself and it requires tremendous amount of discipline, and it can be quite fun. Obviously the benefits to working for yourself on a full time basis are numerous but what sticks out in my mind as the best part is the extra time you have in the day to work on your projects. You can see why by reading what a typical day looks like for me:
1. Get up around 7:00 AM to 8:00 AM ready for work.
2. Drink tons of water, order some breakfast to fill my stomach. I hate working on an empty stomach. It’s unproductive.
3. Put my laptop on a standing desk and stand. I stand to work. I threw my chair away. Standing to work makes me focus and productive in what I’m doing at that moment.
4. Open my windows to let the light in. I can still see the light and what the weather looks like without going outside early in the morning. It makes me ready for a brand new day.
5. Receive my food delivery, eat, and research stocks at the same time.
6. The US stock market opens at 9:30 AM, I start execute some trades as planned. The actions within 30 minutes into the open are very quick and demand fast execution in and out of trades, so I try to focus as much as possible and stay with the utmost discipline using my personal trading rules.
7. I slow down at 10:30 AM, I might keep some small position to see if it works within 11:00 AM to 11:30 AM.
8. At around 11:00 AM, I take showers then go outside for lunch and enjoy noon. I often stop trading from 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM and try to do something else within these hours to clear my mind and reset my perspective. During this month, I usually go to the bar for lunch, watch World Cup 2014 and call some friends to hang out. If the weather’s not ideal for going out, I will stay home and watch some YouTube videos, do read some interesting technology articles, work on my blog and my Minecraft server, and catch up on my to-do list. I also try not to sit during this time as much as possible.
9. At around 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM, I check back on stocks and trade some more.
10. At 4:00 PM, I take Creatine then head off to the gym.
11. At 6:30 PM to 7:00 PM, I get out of the gym, buy some groceries and eat more.
12. I either go out, listen to some good music, or just relax.
13. I try to sleep before midnight. Either way, I always try to wake up early to work no matter how late I slept the day before.
14. Repeat cycle.
So as you can tell by this schedule, I’m trying to focus on work 100% when needed and try to relax and enjoy life as much as possible in my free time. It’s healthy and keeps my life in check.
Sooo… what’s your work day look like? I’d love to read about your day so let me know by commenting below… or better yet link back to this post as your inspiration for the post idea 🙂